Sunday, March 21, 2010

Colorado - Day 1

When preparing to travel with small children, you have some tough decisions to make. Do you fill your suitcase with everything you need to keep them occupied, or do you take clothes for yourself? As much as you drill into them that they will be required to carry their own things, the reality is when they drop their bags and announce that they are dying, you have no choice but to pick up the bags and keep moving. In anticipation of this, I opted to leave my warm clothes at home so I could lighten the load. It seemed like the right thing to do at the time, but now that I am in Colorado with no warm clothes, I am questioning the wisdom of that decision


The first thing Chloe wanted to do when we arrived in Colorado was to stop at Old McDonald's. I knew she couldn't possibly have been hungry. I think she just needed to be in a familiar place for awhile. We had a quick bite to eat and headed for Colorado Springs. Chloe was sound asleep when we arrived at the hotel so Steven carried her in and put her to bed. She did not open her eyes until 8:00 this morning at which time she jumped up, looked around the unfamiliar room and with a confused look on her face asked why I changed my room. Seconds later her face went from from a look of confusion to a look of terror as she asked what I did with her princess room. She soon realized that this was not my room and we were not at my house so her princess room must still be a princess room.


.



The hotel we are staying in has a heated indoor pool, which is why we are staying there. Chloe plans on staying in the pool the whole time we are here. Her plan works for me because while I have no warm clothes, I did bring a swimsuit.




Uncle Steve arrived at the hotel this morning with donuts. He wasn’t taking any chances that Chloe might have forgotten that she likes him now. After all, it has taken her four years to warm up to him. He also arrived with Alex, which is what she had really been waiting for.








Zoey was getting very fussy while watching everyone in the pool. I thought she didn't like all the noise and splashing that was going on. It turned out that she was upset because she wasn't participating in the noise and splashing. Christina quickly ran to the store and got Zoey her first swimsuit. It wasn't long before she was in the pool splashing away with the others. It appears that Zoey may be part fish.



Chloe is still celebrating her birthday. When we got to uncle Steve's today, she had a birthday present waiting for her. It was a Tinkerbell Doll complete with sparkly wings.




Chloe and Alex had a very busy afternoon. Chloe learned how to ride a skateboard



And became a Jedi Knight.





Lava Girl and Shark Boy stopped by to see if anyone needed to be rescued.



According to Chloe, it has been a rough day and we should all go to sleep.

2 comments:

  1. When Kelly and I were in London, we lasted about two days with English cuisine, and then found our way to Old McDonald's. Sometimes, it just feels like home. :)

    ReplyDelete