Chloe has adapted well to hotel life. She refers to our room as "home sweet home". We have made friends with the housekeeping staff and they have been wonderful to us. This morning one of them even knocked on my door and handed me a cup of coffee. She said they had just made a fresh pot and wanted to make sure I got some of it. I didn’t have the heart to tell her I couldn't drink her coffee. You don't get service like that in a four star hotel.
The downside to staying at a hotel with a pool is that the kids don't want to leave. We practically had drag the kids to the zoo. As soon as we got there they wanted to leave so they could go back to the hotel and swim all day. Guess what we are doing tomorrow.
The Cheyenne Zoo is built on the side of a mountain. This is perfect for getting a great workout while enjoying the zoo. They have an amazing giraffe exhibit which puts you head to head with the giraffes. Chloe was determined to feed one so Steven handed her some food. As soon she realized that the giraffe was headed her way, she quickly dropped the food.
She gave it another try and this time she let the giraffe take the food out of her hand. She said the giraffe tickled her whole hand with his tongue.
We were taking a break from the animals and relaxing in the kids play area when all of the sudden I heard an hysterical child. I turned to see whose kid was making such a fuss, only to see Chloe running into Steven's arms. At first none of could figure out what had frightened her.
But I was able to quickly identify the culprit.
Luckily Chloe had no idea what was under that chair.
Someone was having a good time.
After the chicken incident, I was surprised when Chloe said she wanted to ride a poney. She instructed the people working there to put her on the smallest of the ponies and Alex on the larger one.
Once around the barn she had a smile back on her face.
Finally, an animal Chloe feels comfortable with.
We ended our day back at the pool, much to Zoey's delite.

Zoey looks so much Steven!! Tell Steven thanks for protecting my precious daughter from the ferocious chicken!
ReplyDelete